OREO Basketballs and Hoops Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 12 vanilla ice cream sandwich es (3-1/2x2 inch)
- 12 OREO Cookies , crushed
- 3 drops EACH red and yellow food coloring
- 0.5 cup thawed frozen whipped topping
- 1 Tbsp. EACH black and white decorating icing or gel
Putting it together
- Use 2-inch cookie cutter or sharp knife to cut 2-inch round from 1 end of each ice cream sandwich for the basketballs. Discard 2 small trimmed corners from "ball end" of each ice cream sandwich. Place basketballs and remaining large ice cream sandwich pieces in single layer on waxed paper-covered baking sheet
- Spoon cookie crumbs into pie plate. Dip cut edges of each ice cream sandwich piece, 1 at a time, into crumbs, turning as needed to evenly coat all sides with crumbs. Return to baking sheet. Press crumbs gently into ice cream to secure. Freeze 30 min. or until firm.
- Stir food colorings into whipped topping; spread over basketballs. Decorate with black decorating icing as shown in photo. Use white decorating icing to decorate remaining ice cream sandwich pieces to resemble basketball hoops as shown in photo. Freeze 30 min. or until firm.
- TIPS & TRICKS
- Variation: Omit the white decorating icing. Instead, decorate the hoops with additional untinted (white) whipped topping.
- Substitute: Substitute red and yellow food coloring pastes for the drops of food colorings.
- NUTRITION INFORMATION: Makes 12 servings. | Nutrition per serving: Calories240 | Total fat10 g | Saturated fat5 g | Cholesterol20 mg | Sodium210 mg | Carbohydrate35 g | Dietary fiber0 g | Total sugars19 g - Includes added sugarsn/a | Protein3 g | Vitamin A0 %DV | Vitamin C0 %DV | Vitamin Dn/a | Calcium0 %DV | Iron2 %DV | Potassiumn/a
Write Your Own Review