Pull-Apart Touchdown Cake
- 25 OREO Cookies , divided
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) devil's food cake mix
- 8 pretzel sticks (4 inch)
- 2 oz. white baking chocolate , melted
- 1 tsp. EACH yellow and red nonpareil s
- 2 containers (16 oz. each) ready-to-spread white frosting , divided
- 0.25 tsp. green food coloring (about 24 drops)
- 0.25 cup green sprinkles
- 22 SOUR PATCH KIDS Candies
Putting it together
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Reserve 1 cookie for later use. Place remaining cookies in 24 paper-lined muffin cups. Prepare cake batter as directed on package; spoon over cookies in muffin pans. Bake as directed on package for cupcakes. Cool in pans 5 min.; remove to wire racks. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, use pretzels to make 2 goalposts on sheet of waxed paper. Drizzle with melted chocolate, then sprinkle with nonpareils. Let stand until chocolate is firm.
- Remove and discard paper liners from cupcakes. Arrange cupcakes, with cookie sides up and sides touching, in rectangular shape on platter.
- Spoon 1/4 cup frosting into pastry bag fitted with small round tip; reserve for later use. Spoon remaining frosting into medium bowl; stir in food coloring. Spoon into separate pastry bag fitted with star tip.
- Pipe green frosting onto cupcakes to resemble grass on a football field as shown in photo; top with green sprinkles. Use some of the white frosting to decorate top of reserved cookie to resemble a football. Use remaining white frosting to add the lines and 50-yard marking on the football field.
- Insert goal posts into top of cake, then decorate top of cake with football cookie and SOUR PATCH KIDS Candies just before serving.
- TIPS & TRICKS
- Size Wise: In addition to being easy to make, these fun sports-themed treats are portion controlled for easy serving.
- Note: If you don't have pastry bags, you can instead use resealable plastic bags to pipe the frostings onto the cupcakes as directed. You will need a large bag for the green frosting and a small bag for the white frosting. Fill bags with frostings as directed, then cut one small corner off bottom of each bag before using to pipe frosting onto the cupcakes.
- Tip: You might have a small amount of cake batter left after making the 24 cupcakes. If so, just spoon the remaining batter into a few additional paper-lined muffin cups and bake as directed for cupcakes. Reserve for another use.
- NUTRITION INFORMATION: Makes 24 servings. | Nutrition per serving: Calories360 | Total fat15 g | Saturated fat3.5 g | Cholesterol25 mg | Sodium230 mg | Carbohydrate54 g | Dietary fiber1 g | Total sugars43 g - Includes added sugarsn/a | Protein2 g | Vitamin A0 %DV | Vitamin C0 %DV | Vitamin Dn/a | Calcium2 %DV | Iron6 %DV | Potassiumn/a
Write Your Own Review