Prep Time : 00h 00
Cooking Time : 00h 00
Servings Number : 1 person
- 63 OREO Cookies , divided
- 1.5 pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate (6 oz.), melted
- 4 oz. white candy coating wafer s, melted
- Decorations: Assorted holiday sprinkles, nonpareils or small candies
- Cut 4 cookies in half, then cut 1 of the cookie halves in half and 1 of the remaining whole cookies into quarters. (You will have 7 cookie halves, 6 cookie quarters and 58 whole cookies.)
- Arrange 9 whole cookies in 7-inch circle on plate, securing to plate with some of the melted chocolate. Place 2 whole cookies and 2 cookie halves in center of circle. Repeat to make second layer of cookies, using 9 cookies to make a slightly smaller circle off center from first layer and filling center of circle with 2 whole cookies and 2 cookie halves, dipping bottom of each cookie in small amount of melted chocolate before using as directed.
- Dip bottoms of 7 cookies, 1 at a time, into melted chocolate, then use to make third layer of cookies, making circle slightly smaller than in the previous layer of cookies. Dip bottom of additional cookie in chocolate; place in center of circle. Repeat to make a fourth layer of cookies, using 7 cookies to make a slightly smaller circle with 1 whole cookie in the center of circle.
- Repeat to make 2 more layers, using 5 whole cookies to make each circle and placing 1/4 of a cookie in center of each circle. Top with 3 more layers, using 3 cookies to make circle for each layer.
- Dip 3 cookie halves in melted chocolate, then place, rounded sides out, on top of stack to form small circle; top with 1 whole cookie in center. Stand 3 quartered cookie pieces on top of whole cookie as shown in photo, securing pieces to whole cookie with melted chocolate. Stand 1 quartered cookie piece, rounded side down, on top.
- Spread about half of the melted white candy coating onto exposed sides of cookies to resemble fallen snow.
- Spoon remaining melted white candy coating into decorating bag fitted with small star tip. Use to add icicles to the tree. Add decorations as desired, securing pieces to tree with remaining melted white candy coating. Let stand 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until candy coating is firm.