Prep Time : 00h 00
Cooking Time : 02h 30
Servings Number : 1 person
- 24 OREO Cookies , divided
- 1 cup flour
- 0.5 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 0.33 cup butter , softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 0.25 cup powdered sugar
- Chop 8 cookies; reserve for later use. Finely crush remaining cookies.
- Reserve 1/4 cup crushed cookies for later use. Place remaining crushed cookies in medium bowl. Add flour, cocoa powder and baking powder; mix well.
- Beat butter and granulated sugar in large bowl with mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in vanilla. Add flour mixture; mix well. Stir in reserved chopped cookies.
- Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Combine powdered sugar and reserved crushed cookies in pie plate. Roll dough into 56 (1-inch) balls. Add, 1 at a time, to powdered sugar mixture; turn to evenly coat all sides of each ball with powdered sugar mixture.
- Place, 2 inches apart, on parchment-covered baking sheets.
- Bake 10 min. or until tops of cookies are cracked. (Centers of cookies should still be moist. Do not over bake.) Cool 2 min. Remove cookies to wire racks; cool completely.
- TIPS & TRICKS
- Note: The dough can be refrigerated up to 24 hours before rolling into balls, coating with sugar mixture and baking as directed. Or the uncoated dough balls can be frozen up to 2 months. If freezing, place dough balls in single layer on parchment-covered rimmed baking sheet and freeze 2 hours or until firm. Then, place balls in freezer-weight resealable plastic bags and freeze up to 2 months. To bake, remove as many balls of dough that are needed and let stand at room temperature for about 30 min. Then, roll in powdered sugar mixture and bake as directed
- How to Store: Store cooled cookies in airtight container at room temperature up to 5 days before serving. Or, the cooled cookies can be layered between sheets of parchment paper in freezer container and frozen up to 2 months.
- NUTRITION INFORMATION: Makes 28 servings, 2 cookies each. | Nutrition per serving: Calories130 | Total fat5 g | Saturated fat2.5 g | Cholesterol30 mg | Sodium95 mg | Carbohydrate20 g | Dietary fiber<1 g | Total sugars12 g - Includes added sugars12 g | Protein2 g | Vitamin A4 %DV | Vitamin C0 %DV | Vitamin D0 %DV | Calcium2 %DV | Iron4 %DV | Potassium2 %DV