Prep Time : 00h 00
Cooking Time : 02h 00
Servings Number : 23 people
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese , softened
- 36 OREO Cookies , finely crushed
- 16 oz. orange candy coating wafers , melted
- 2 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended; shape into 48 (1-inch) balls. Place on waxed paper-covered rimmed baking sheet. Refrigerate 20 min.
- Dip balls in candy coating, turning to evenly coat each ball. Return to baking sheet.
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate as directed on package; drizzle over cookie balls to resemble the seams on basketballs.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Keep refrigerated.
- TIPS & TRICKS
- Size Wise: Sweets can be part of a balanced diet but remember to keep tabs on portions.
- Variation: Omit the orange candy coating wafers. Instead melt 4 pkg. (4 oz. each) white baking chocolate, then tint it with a few drops EACH red and yellow food coloring. Use to coat cookie balls as directed.
- How to Easily Dip the Cookie Balls: Keep the cookie balls refrigerated until ready to dip in the melted candy coating. Then add balls, in small batches, to bowl of melted candy coating. Use 2 forks to roll balls in coating until balls are evenly coated on all sides. Remove balls with forks, letting excess coating drip back into bowl before returning balls to the prepared baking sheet. Let stand until candy coating is firm.
- NUTRITION FACTS: Makes 48 servings. | Nutrition per serving: Calories130 | Total fat8 g | Saturated fat5 g | Cholesterol10 mg | Sodium80 mg | Carbohydrate14 g | Dietary fiber0 g | Total sugars11 g - Includes added sugars10 g | Protein1 g | Vitamin A4 %DV | Vitamin C0 %DV | Vitamin D0 %DV | Calcium0 %DV | Iron2 %DV | Potassium0 %DV