Prep Time : 00h 00
Cooking Time : 03h 30
Servings Number : 23 people
- 24 COMET Cup s
- 22 OREO Cookies , divided
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) white cake mix
- 1 pkg. (4 oz.) semi-sweet baking chocolate , chopped
- 0.5 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4.5 cups thawed frozen whipped topping
- 3 Tbsp. multi-colored sprinkles (orange, red and yellow)
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Stand COMET Cups in large shallow baking pan with sides of cups almost touching.
- Chop 10 cookies. Prepare cake batter as directed on package; stir in chopped cookies. Spoon evenly into COMET Cups.
- Bake 20 to 25 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, microwave semi-sweet chocolate and whipping cream in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 45 sec. to 1 min. or until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended when stirred. Finely chop remaining cookies.
- Dip tops of cakes into melted chocolate; sprinkle finely chopped cookies evenly around edges of cakes. Refrigerate 15 min. or until melted chocolate is firm.
- Spoon whipped topping into pastry bag fitted with desired decorating tip. Use to pipe whipped topping onto cakes, then top with sprinkles to resemble torches.
- TIPS & TRICKS
- Substitute: Prepare using red, white and blue sprinkles.
- Variation: Prepare using your favorite variety of OREO Cookies and/or cake mix.
- Special Extra: Divide whipped topping evenly into 3 bowls. Tint whipped topping in 1 bowl with 1/8 tsp. orange gel or paste food coloring. Repeat with remaining whipped topping and red and yellow food colorings to tint whipped topping in one bowl red and whipped topping in the other bowl yellow. Spoon each colored whipped topping into separate pastry bag fitted with decorating tip. Place all bags in large resealable plastic bag, positioning all 3 tips in one bottom corner of bag. Use to pipe whipped topping onto cakes, then top with sprinkles as directed.
- NUTRITION INFORMATION: Makes 24 servings, 1 cupcake cone each. | Nutrition per serving: Calories290 | Total fat12 g | Saturated fat6 g | Cholesterol5 mg | Sodium210 mg | Carbohydrate44 g | Dietary fiber1 g | Total sugars23 g - Includes added sugars21 g | Protein3 g | Vitamin A2 %DV | Vitamin C0 %DV | Vitamin D0 %DV | Calcium4 %DV | Iron8 %DV | Potassium2 %DV