Spicy Hot Cocoa-OREO Cookie Balls
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese , softened
- 36 OREO Cookies , finely crushed
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp. ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 4 pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate , melted
- 2 tsp. instant espresso
- 2 Tbsp. instant hot cocoa mix
- 3 Tbsp. vanilla marshmallow bits
Putting it together
- Mix cream cheese, cookie crumbs, cinnamon and red pepper until blended.
- Shape into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 min.
- Mix melted chocolate and espresso powder until blended.
- Dip cookie balls in melted chocolate mixture, turning to completely coat all sides of each ball with chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan. Sprinkle with dry instant hot cocoa mix, then marshmallow bits.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Keep refrigerated.
- TIPS & TRICKS
- Substitute: Top each chocolate-coated cookie ball with 2 or 3 miniature marshmallow halves instead of sprinkling with the marshmallow bits.
- Variation: Omit instant espresso. Stir 1 tsp. additional ground cinnamon into the melted chocolate before using to coat the cookie balls as directed.
- NUTRITION INFORMATION | Makes 48 servings, 1 cookie ball each. | Nutrition per serving: Calories110 | Total fat6 g | Saturated fat3.5 g | Cholesterol<5 mg | Sodium60 mg | Carbohydrate13 g | Dietary fiber1 g | Total sugars8 g - Includes added sugars8 g | Protein1 g | Vitamin A2 %DV | Vitamin C0 %DV | Vitamin D0 %DV | Calcium2 %DV | Iron4 %DV | Potassium2 %DV
Write Your Own Review