Into-the-Net Basketball Cupcakes
- 32 OREO Cookies , divided
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) white cake mix
- 1 container (16 oz.) ready-to-spread white frosting
- 18 drops EACH red and yellow food coloring
- 1 Tbsp. EACH brown and red decorating icing
- 2 Tbsp. white decorating icing
Putting it together
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Chop 8 cookies; reserve remaining cookies for later use.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package; stir in chopped cookies. Spoon into 24 paper-lined muffin pan cups.
- Bake 18 to 21 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 5 min. Remove cupcakes from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
- Spoon white frosting into medium bowl. Add red and yellow food colorings; mix well. Spread about 1 tsp. orange frosting onto top of each of the reserved cookies; spread remaining orange frosting onto cupcakes.
- Spoon brown decorating icing into small resealable plastic bag. Repeat in separate bags with red and white icings. Cut small piece off one bottom corner of each bag.
- Use brown icing to decorate tops of cookies to resemble basketballs. Draw a curved red line on top of each cupcake with red icing to resemble a basketball hoop. Use white icing to draw lines for the nets. Place decorated cookies on tops of cupcakes to resemble basketballs being dunked in the nets.
- TIPS & TRICKS
- Size Wise: In addition to being easy to make, these fun sports-themed treats are portion controlled for easy serving.
- Special Extra: Add a little sparkle to your cupcakes by sprinkling orange colored sugar onto the frosted cupcakes and/or cookies.
- Variation: Prepare using your favorite flavor of cake mix and/or variety of OREO Cookies.
- NUTRITION INFORMATION: Makes 24 servings. | Nutrition per serving: Calories270 | Total fat10 g | Saturated fat2.5 g | Cholesterol0 mg | Sodium250 mg | Carbohydrate41 g | Dietary fiber<1 g | Total sugars28 g - Includes added sugars28 g | Protein2 g | Vitamin A0 %DV | Vitamin C0 %DV | Vitamin D0 %DV | Calcium4 %DV | Iron4 %DV | Potassium50 %DV
Write Your Own Review