OREO-Cherry Bomb Cookie Balls
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese , softened
- 36 OREO Cookies , finely crushed
- 60 maraschino cherries with stems, patted dry
- 4 pkg. (4 oz. each) white baking chocolate , melted
- 2 Tbsp. multi-colored sprinkles (red, white and blue)
Putting it together
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- Shape into 60 (3/4-inch) balls, using about 1 tsp. cream cheese mixture for each ball; press to flatten. Top each with 1 cherry, stem side up; wrap cream cheese mixture around cherry to completely enclose cherry. Place in shallow pan. Freeze 10 min.
- Cover rimmed baking sheet with waxed paper. Hold cherry stems to dip cookie balls, 1 at a time, into melted chocolate, turning to completely coat all sides of each ball with chocolate. Place on prepared baking sheet. Decorate as shown in photo.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Keep refrigerated.
- TIPS & TRICKS
- Substitute: Prepare using 16 oz. white candy coating wafers.
- Special Extra: Decorate with melted red and blue candy coating wafers and/or red and blue colored sugars.
- Halve the Recipe: For a smaller group, this recipe can be easily halved. Just halve all the ingredients and roll into 30 balls, using 1 tsp. cream cheese mixture for each ball. Continue as directed. Makes 30 servings, 1 cookie ball each.
- NUTRITION INFORMATION: Makes 60 servings, 1 cookie ball each. | Nutrition per serving: Calories100 | Total fat5 g | Saturated fat3 g | Cholesterol<5 mg | Sodium50 mg | Carbohydrate14 g | Dietary fiber0 g | Total sugars11 g - Includes added sugars10 g | Protein<1 g | Vitamin A2 %DV | Vitamin C0 %DV | Vitamin D0 %DV | Calcium2 %DV | Iron2 %DV | Potassium0 %DV
Write Your Own Review