- Vegetable oil
- 2 cups baking mix
- 36 OREO Cookies
- 0.25 cup powdered sugar
Putting it together
- Heat 2 inches oil in deep fryer to 375ºF. Cover baking sheet with double layer of paper towels.
- Prepare baking mix batter as directed on package for pancakes.
- Dip 2 or 3 cookies, 1 at a time, into pancake batter. Carefully add to hot oil; cook 3 min. or until golden brown, turning occasionally.
- Remove "doughnuts" from oil with slotted spoon; drain on prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining cookies; cool completely.
- Sprinkle evenly with sugar before serving.
- TIPS & TRICKS
- How to Fry Without a Deep Fryer: Substitute a Dutch oven or large saucepan for the deep fryer.
- Substitute: Prepare using your favorite variety of OREO Cookies, such as Golden OREO Cookies.
- Variation: Omit the powdered sugar. Instead melt 2 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate; drizzle over the cooled "doughnuts." Then, sprinkle evenly with 2 Tbsp. colored sprinkles.
- NUTRITION INFORMATION: Makes 36 servings. | Nutrition per serving: Calories110 | Total fat5 g | Saturated fat1 g | Cholesterol10 mg | Sodium120 mg | Carbohydrate14 g | Dietary fiber0 g | Total sugars6 g - Includes added sugars5 g | Protein2 g | Vitamin A0 %DV | Vitamin C0 %DV | Vitamin D0 %DV | Calcium2 %DV | Iron4 %DV | Potassium0 %DV
Write Your Own Review