OREO Surprise Cake
- 15 OREO Cookies , divided
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) devil's food cake mix
- 0.25 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 pkg. (4 oz.) semi-sweet baking chocolate , chopped
- 1 can (16 oz.) ready-to-spread white frosting , divided
- 0.5 cup multi-colored sprinkles
Putting it together
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Cover bottoms of 3 (8-inch) round pans with parchment; spray with cooking spray.
- Chop 8 cookies. Prepare cake batter as directed on package; stir in chopped cookies. Pour evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake 15 to 18 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 10 min. Remove cakes from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
- Trim rounded tops off cake layers if necessary to make layers level. Discard trimmings or reserve for snacking.
- Microwave cream and chocolate in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 min. or until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring every 30 sec. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, reserve 1/4 cup frosting for later use. Place 1 cake layer on serving plate; spread with half of the remaining frosting. Cut 3-inch round from center of 1 of the remaining cake layers; reserve center cutout for later use. Place cake layer (with center piece removed) on cake layer on plate; spread with remaining frosting. Fill hole with sprinkles. Cover with remaining cake layer.
- Spread 1 Tbsp. chocolate mixture onto reserved center cake cutout; set aside. Spread remaining chocolate mixture onto top of cake. Place cutout on top of cake. Decorate with reserved frosting and remaining cookies.
- TIPS & TRICKS
- How to Store: Keep frosted cake refrigerated.
- NUTRITION INFORMATION: Makes 16 servings. | Nutrition per serving: Calories400 | Total fat20 g | Saturated fat5 g | Cholesterol35 mg | Sodium220 mg | Carbohydrate55 g | Dietary fiber1 g | Total sugars43 g - Includes added sugars41 g | Protein3 g | Vitamin A4 %DV | Vitamin C0 %DV | Vitamin D0 %DV | Calcium2 %DV | Iron8 %DV | Potassium2 %DV
Write Your Own Review