- 1 qt. (4 cups) oil
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 12 OREO Cookies , finely crushed, divided
- 0.25 cup sugar , divided
- 3 cups baking mix
- 1 cup hot tap water
Putting it together
- Heat oil in large saucepan or deep fryer to 375ºF.
- Combine cinnamon, and 3 Tbsp. EACH cookie crumbs and sugar. Reserve for later use.
- Whisk baking mix with remaining cookie crumbs and sugar in medium bowl until blended; stir in hot water. Spoon into piping bag fitted with 1/2-inch star tip. Use to pipe about 1/4 of the dough into 2-inch-long strips into hot oil, using sharp knife or kitchen shears to cut dough into pieces. Cook 2 to 3 min. or until golden brown, turning frequently. Remove from oil with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Repeat in 3 batches with remaining dough
- Toss churros with reserved cookie crumb mixture.
Write Your Own Review