OREO Coconut-Chocolate Cream Pie
- 21 OREO Cookies , divided
- 0.25 cup butter , melted
- 0.75 cup sweetened flaked coconut , divided
- 2 pkg. (4-serving size each) chocolate fudge instant pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 0.5 cup half-and-half
- 2 tsp. coconut extract
- 2 cups thawed frozen whipped topping , divided
Putting it together
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Reserve 1 cookie for later use. Finely crush remaining cookies; place in medium bowl. Add butter and 1/2 cup coconut; mix well.
- Press crumb mixture onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake 8 min.; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, toast remaining coconut; cool completely.
- Beat pudding mixes, milk, half-and-half and coconut extract in large bowl with whisk 2 min. Gently stir in 1 cup whipped topping. Spoon into crust.
- Refrigerate 3 hours.
- Top pie with remaining whipped topping, toasted coconut and reserved cookie just before serving.
- TIPS & TRICKS
- Substitute: Prepare as directed, increasing milk to 2-1/2 cups and omitting half-and-half.
- Substitute: Prepare using your favorite variety of chocolate instant pudding mixes, such as white chocolate.
- How to Toast the Flaked Coconut: Toasting coconut is easy. Just spread the sweetened flaked coconut evenly onto bottom of shallow pan. Bake in 350°F oven 7 to 10 min. or until coconut is lightly browned, stirring frequently. Or, spread coconut onto bottom of microwaveable pie plate. Microwave on HIGH 3 min. or until coconut is lightly browned, stirring after each minute. Watch carefully as the coconut can easily burn!
- NUTRITION INFORMATION: Makes 10 servings. | Nutrition per serving: Calories140 | Total fat16 g | Saturated fat10 g | Cholesterol20 mg | Sodium500 mg | Carbohydrate46 g | Dietary fiber2 g | Total sugars31 g - Includes added sugars19 g | Protein4 g | Vitamin A8 %DV | Vitamin C0 %DV | Vitamin D2 %DV | Calcium6 %DV | Iron10 %DV | Potassium4 %DV
Write Your Own Review