- Coating Rims of Glasses
- Instead of brushing the chocolate syrup on the rims of the glasses, the chocolate syrup can be poured into a small shallow dish and the glasses can be dipped into the syrup.
- Omit chocolate syrup, and do not coat rims of glasses with cookie crumbs. Prepare milk shake as directed; pour into glasses. Top with whipped cream, then sprinkle with cookie crumbs and top with quartered cookies.
- Balance your food choices throughout the day to make room for this milk shake on occasion.
- 6 OREO Cookies, divided
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) chocolate syrup
- 1-1/4 (300 mL) cups milk
- 2-1/2 cups (625 mL) vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) whipped cream
Putting it together
- Cut 1 cookie into quarters; reserve for garnish. Chop 4 of the remaining cookies; set aside.
- Crush the remaining cookie into fine crumbs; pour into shallow dish. Brush rims of 4 (8-oz./250 mL) glasses lightly with chocolate syrup.
- Dip tops of glasses, one at a time, into cookie crumbs, turning to evenly coat each rim with crumbs.
- Blend milk and ice cream in blender until smooth. Add chopped cookies; pulse just until blended. Pour into prepared glasses.
- Top with whipped cream and reserved quartered cookie pieces.
- Nutrition Information Per Serving: 330 calories, 17g total fat, 9g saturated fat, 50mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate, 1g dietary fiber, 31g total sugars includes 22g added sugars, 6g protein
Write Your Own Review