Red, White & Blue OREO Pops
- 24 OREO Cookies
- 0.5 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips , melted
- 0.75 cup ready-to-spread white frosting , divided
- 20 drops red food coloring
- 10 drops blue food coloring
Putting it together
- Place cookies in single layer on parchment-covered baking sheet. Spoon melted chocolate onto cookies, pressing wooden pop stick into chocolate on each cookie to attach.
- Refrigerate 10 min. or until chocolate is firm. Meanwhile, spoon 1/2 cup frosting into microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 10 to 20 sec. or just until frosting is warmed and smooth when stirred. (Do not over heat.)
- Turn cookie pops over; spread tops with warmed frosting. Let stand 30 min.
- Spoon 2 Tbsp. of the remaining frosting into each of 2 small microwaveable bowls. Microwave on HIGH 5 sec. or just until melted. Stir different color food coloring into frosting in each bowl; spoon into separate resealable plastic bags. Cut small piece off one bottom corner of each bag. Use to drizzle frostings over cookies as desired. Let stand until firm.
- TIPS & TRICKS
- Red, White and Blue OREO Cookies: These patriotic cookies are just as delicious when prepared without the melted chocolate chips and pop sticks.
- Special Extra: Sprinkle decorated cookie pops with multi-colored sprinkles or nonpareils after drizzling with the colored frostings.
- NUTRITION INFORMATION: Makes 24 servings, 1 pop each. | Nutrition per serving: Calories120 | Total fat5 g | Saturated fat1.5 g | Cholesterol0 mg | Sodium70 mg | Carbohydrate18 g | Dietary fiber<1 g | Total sugars13 g - Includes added sugars12 g | Protein0 g | Vitamin A0 %DV | Vitamin C0 %DV | Vitamin D0 %DV | Calcium0 %DV | Iron2 %DV | Potassium0 %DV
Write Your Own Review